Please refer to an Immigration Attorney for legal advice on your specific case.

Please refer to our Immigrant visa's for the primary visa petitions filed for family members. The filings must be done by a United States Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident. 

One exception is the V visa, which is a non-immigrant visa allowing families to stay together while an immigrant visa application is being processed. 

Similar to all the other petitions filed with USCIS you must be a permanent resident (green card holder) then your spouse, child (unmarried and under 21), or the child of your spouse (your step-child) may be eligible for a V visa. 

Please contact one of our Immigration Specialist to discuss your situation. We offer free consultation and we will determine if you filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your family member on or before December 21, 2000 and if they meet the additional criteria which includes; 

  • The family member has been waiting at least 3 years since you filed the Form I-130.
  • The immigrant visa is not available on an approved Form I-130 petition OR the application to adjust status is pending OR the petition for an immigrant visa is pending.

then we will be able to start a V visa petition. Our goal is to keep your family together and in one place, if possible we would discuss Immigrant petitions before non-immigrant petitions.